Jen is one of the wonderful ladies behind the wrap company Firespiral. Anyone who knows me/visited our sling library will know I'm a mega Firespiral fan...read on to find out more and thanks Jen!
What was your first babywearing experience?
1. My first babywearing experience was before I had children of my own, carrying a friend's baby in a pouch sling. I loved it and knew that I'd want to carry my own kids.
can you pick a favourite sling?
2. I prefer wraps over other types of carrier, although I'd struggle to pick one favourite! My most sentimental wrap is a Girasol called Autumn Bosy- I bought it when my second child was born and I still have a short length of it that I use as a shawl
tell us about a special moment...
3. I was away on holiday when my 3rd child was a tiny baby and carrying her in one of our wraps. A woman spotted my wrap and came over to chat about babywearing and how much she loved her own Firespiral. I felt so excited and proud to see our wraps being worn out in real life!
who has influenced your babywearing journey?
4. I started babywearing back when the communities were based around the forums (TBW and Natural Mamas). They were such supportive, friendly places and the members there inspired and supported me greatly. My friend and business partner Tamsin has an infectious enthusiasm for wrapping which I love!
tell us about the last time you were babywearing...
5. Sadly, I rarely babywear nowadays. My youngest (and last) child will be 3 in a couple of weeks time, and wrapping doesn't feature in our everyday lives in the same way as it did when my older children were this age. There are still times when it proves essential though, when she is tired and inconsolable, or when we've walked just that bit too far. I still carry a short wrap with me 'for emergencies'. Over the summer we were at The Green Man music festival, and wrapping was our saviour. When the weather turns and the snow falls this winter I imagine we'll turn to wraps (and ski poles) as our way of traversing the school run safely, so I don't think that our journey is completely at an end just yet, but our days of wrapping every single day are at an end.
where can we find you in the babywearing world?
6. I run Firespiral Slings with Tamsin Coxhill. We're based in the North West of England, designing and manufacturing woven wraps locally and ethically.
Their slings can be found at https://www.firespiralslings.co.uk/all-wraps/woven-wraps.html
check them out on the social media too x